Hey everyone!
It's time for me to write a Blog post about EDF 5 Part 6! I know that I have procrastinated on this for a month, but I actually have a justifiable reason this time! My, uh, PC may have packed in. And it's either the power supply (around £70 to replace, but my PC will hopefully be okay), or my motherboard (I will need to get a new PC) that has packed in. I honestly don't know. So yeah, I am currently writing this post on my Chromebook. I will be posting on my YouTube community to let everyone on the YouTube side of my operation know, and I will go into more detail in a later Blog post. (promise!)
But my PC woes are most certainly not the reason why you clicked on this Blog post. You wanted to know about all of the juicy details about EDF Part 6, and I am more than happy to divulge some of said details about, at least I think, the most well-made video in the series so far!
So let's begin with today's Blog Post!

(A screenshot of me going toe-to-toe with a deroy)
Let me begin with actually recording the video. For reasons unknown to man, I decided to play as the Air Raider for this recording session. I genuinely had no idea why I decided to play as objectively the worst class to play singleplayer (Although, to be fair, the Air Raider is probably the best class to play multiplayer). Not to mention, as I mentioned in the video proper, my equipment was suited for missions that I completed three episodes ago.
With all of these factors into play, this was gonna be a recipe for disaster fun!
I died twice on the first mission of the episode.
I then moved onto a mission that I completed two episodes ago (Who remembers Plain of Conflict?), and I still somehow manage to fail that mission. However, after completing Plain of Conflict, I get my hands on the Spritefall. I will not explain this weapon. I will just let the screenshot below do the explaining for me.
(Here's a screenshot of the Spritefall obliterating a group of Frogs)
Can you see why this is my favourite weapon in the game?
The Spritefall was what I needed to actually achieve progress, and, after dying one more time, I managed to beat the first mission of the episode after around two-and-a-half hours of grinding.
This recording was going to take a long time, I thought to myself.
The only other thing of note about the recording part of this video was the mission that introduced the Cosmonauts that blind you. That was hell to record. Not because they were difficult persay, but because they hurt my eyes whenever they shot their damned weapons at me.
Now, it's onto the editing stage of the video process!
I honestly tried my best to improve the editing of the video as much as possible. Usually when I say that, I mean pulling off a montage of editing the first two to three minutes of the video better, but this time I am talking about improving the other two thirds of the video. For example, I would add (at least I think are) humourous little edits/jokes in the last two thirds of the videos, and not just make the video voiceovers and Windmill Isle: Day over raw gameplay, and I think that really improved the quality of the video!
All-in-all, though, it took me, including the time it took to source images and stuff like like, eight hours to edit eight minutes.
(I hate this game at times...)
Other than that, though, there isn't much more to say about the editing process of EDF 5 Part 6, so I will segue right onto the thumbnail!
In terms of the thumbnail, I followed the tradition of my EDF 5 videos of doing simple, funny thumbnails that just so happen to only take five minutes to create on Canva (shhhhh). I think the Ranger getting bullied by the Deroy, which is an image that I actually found on the EDF Fandom page for Deroys, perfectly encapsulates the spirit of Part 6, but I'll let you be the judge of that.
(This is the thumbnail of EDF 5: Getting Harassed by Giant Robots)
So, yeah, that's all I can really say about the recording, editing, and creation of EDF 5: Getting Harassed by Giant Robots, so I hope that you enjoyed this Blog post, and have a good rest of your day!
C'yu ;)
Comments
Post a Comment