What Makes a Good Indie-Horror Game? (1st Update):

Well, I have finally decided to go and make a mild nudge into making a video that I've wanted to  make for a, uh, while now; What Makes a Good Indie-Horror Game?

So, naturally, I begin with research, and, armed with my trusty Steam account, and YouTube, I begin to look for any good Indie-Horror Games.

I ended up finding a few niche games that really stood out, i.e. Cooking Companions, but I mainly covered games that were either very popular (Five Nights at Freddy's, or the first 2 alphas of Hello Neighbor), or that I planned on, or have already covered, on my YouTube Channel (Doki Doki Literature Club, or Little Nightmares)...

In the end, though, after many, many hours of going through videos, or playing shitty cheap or free PC Horror games, I think that I have narrowed the weird, the wonderful, and the bloody traumatising, into 4 points; Tension, Unexpectedness, The Soundtrack, and Imagery...

As of writing this post, I am now finished writing the 1st Draft of the script of this video, and, by the second post, I will have went through said script with a fine-comb, so naturally there will be multiple drafts. I am currently expecting the video to be 15-25 minutes long, as the script is twice the size of EDF 5 is the Dumbest Game I've ever Played, and that was roughly 9 minutes long...



                                                            (This is the word count for the 1st Draft)

                                                        (This is the word count for my first EDF 5 video)


Anyways, that concludes my first Blog post on What Make a Good Indie-Horror Game?, and I'll hopefully have the second part out by early August! 

I hope you all have a nice rest of your day :)

Comments